Sunday, July 26

time flys when you are having fun



My sister and her husband arrived late Wednesday night which started to mark the end of our camp. While you can imagine it wasn't all roses the whole week, the boys have all matured so much since we were able to last have camp (summer of 2007 ) and they were able to handle most disagreements with gained maturity. We all had such a great time, it was hard to see the week come to a close. On the other hand, if it had gone on much longer, I may have needed to take out a loan to feed them. WOW. How is it that boys can put away so much food and why is it that I felt compelled to create great meals, snacks etc and feed them? I never realized this about myself, but I love to feed boys. I have a dear friend whose sister does this very same thing.

This year I am not sure what the boys, my son and two nephews, learned from camp. I can tell you that what I learned is that no matter the child- no matter their attitude- no matter their disposition- in the midst of a situation if you will just step back a moment and consider the impact of your corrective words, you will handle it differently than just acting out of frustration. Each of these boys can be sweet as pie, the best. Each of them can be TOTAL stinkers as well, but each of them and all children, respond wonderfully to a firm, loving adult.

One thing I do know is they had a great time, no denying it. While loading up to go home, they were already asking questions about next summer. I consider myself truly blessed among people to be able to spend time with my nephews and niece when given the opportunity. -Until then..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!