Friday, September 18

*mmmm, do you smell that?

Fall is in the air, if only slightly. I embrace any inkling of fall-like weather that comes my way! In fact, I have been know to bring out my fall decorations in mid August - hoping that the power of suggestion might bring the cooler weather on in! It often does not.

For many, the cooler weather brings thoughts of baking to mind. This is exactly what happened to me today! So, I gave in and had a delightful time in the kitchen. First, I made THIS (Click here) Peanut Butter Pie and then decided that I needed to make Pumpkin Bread as well. The bread recipe comes from my dear friend, Wendie.


When you make this recipe you will yield three loaves  so think of someone you can share a loaf with , freeze one loaf and enjoy the other one warm from the oven. Here are the ingredients you will need for Wendie's Pumpkin Bread: Cream together 2/3 cup of butter, 2 2/3 cups of sugar or sucanat, then add together 4 well beaten eggs, 2/3 cup of water, 2 cups of pumpkin.


In a separate bowl you will add these dry ingredients : 3 1/3 cups of flour, 2 tsp of baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking power, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves; once these are mixed together you will slowly add the dry mix into the wet mix.  At this point you can add nuts, currants, etc. Pour evenly into three loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


 

 

Go ahead, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wendie's recipes are always great! Can't wait to try this one. Now if only I could get more than one loaf of bread in my little German (Easy Bake) oven. lol No joke, I just had oven envy! And while I'm confessing here, I'm coveting that pottery as well. Especially that beautiful bowl!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!