Tuesday, September 1

*empty altoid tin repurposed into a mini-scrapbook


My dear husband loves Altoids and for a little while he was going through them like 'candy', um they are candy aren't they? At any rate, he would rather save the tins and find a use for them instead of throwing them out. As the tins started to accumulate I felt it necessary to either find a creative use for them or throw them out. This is what I came up with, a mini-memory book in a mint tin. I love making these because I can use duplicate pictures that I may have to avoid waste in that area too! These have been given as gifts to dear friends and family members. What a wonderful momenta to a family trip, vacation, girl time, or whatever the occasion.

While visiting my mother this past summer, I was able to scan a bunch of our old family pictures in which I ordered prints. I used a number of these old pictures to create a mini-memory book for my father. I know he holds this near to his heart with pictures of good times with his mother, sisters and brother as well as us kids growing up.

These are the supplies you will need to gather:
  • empty Altoids tin
  • 20 peices of card stock cut to 2 inches by 3 and half inches (color preference yours)
  • corner rounder to round the corners of the card stock if you choose
  • double stick tape
  • 1/2 inch ribbon or wider; or strips of fabric of your choice
  • scissors
  • paper cutter
  • scrap booking stickers
  • photos of course
  • and a charm of some sort to tie to the end of the fold out (even a large metal button would work)


Lets get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!