Monday, April 11

*scenes from a rodeo


Howdy Ya'll.  Henry and I took in our first rodeo this past weekend, and loved it.  I knew from the beginning, which opened in one of the most free and heart felt prayers I have ever witnessed in a public recreational outing, that the evening was pretty much going to be a winner.  When the MC is telling the Lord that it is "our" desire to give all the Glory to God for the outcome of each event, well, enough said.





Cowboy hats, cowgirl hats, boots, plaid shirts, big belt buckles - these were all in abundance at the Pro-Rodeo there in Baker.  There were cute couples in cute plaid shirts with the sleeves cut off, with their hats and boots; some were young and in love and some were a bit older and then there were babies!





Of course, there were stands outside the arena that were stocked with hats, t-shirts, boots and all things cowboy.   Not to mention the food concessions - really... funnel cakes? Why is it that funnel cakes always look like a plate full of divinity? All the while you are eating it, you are enjoying it like nobody's business. Then out of nowhere you feel sick from eating this delicacy.  Finally you swear you will never eat another one, but that never holds does it?  (Just for the record.. I did not eat a funnel cake at this event)







This image and the next are of two different cowgirls racing back out of the arena after barrel racing. Since they are timed for the competition speed and safety of their beloved horses are of utmost importance. 





A cowboy. WOW. Perhaps I have been away from my beloved too long, just sayin.  I am a God-fearing  woman, so don't get me wrong here. Seeing them all dressed in their attire, as well as the cowgirls, made me feel young again.  Is that weird?  (giddy laughter).  I think I want to be a cowboy.  OK. So enough of that. Honestly, I had no idea what to expect at this rodeo and the show was nicely done, the MC was a gentleman and before you know it, it was time to rush to our truck and be a part of the crazy crowd leaving the arena.

Can't wait 'til the next rodeo, this time with my cowboy by side!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Made me think back to the days Strong Heart and I would take junior age and then teenagers to the Bill Rice Ranch in Murfreesboro, TN...a Christian camp on a beautiful ranch. Have you ever been?

    Mother is to come home on Thursday...so hopefully one day next week I will be able to sit down and write to you. ;)

    Until then...HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Awesome pictures!! Loved the ones of the girls on the horse where they were being timed!! Hopefully we will be able to join you guys for one of these trips to the Rodeo!! I know that my boys would love it!! As well and me too!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!