Friday, December 28

*binding tips I have learned

We hope you and your family had a great Christmas this year. We sure did! I did manage to get some time to get some Christmas runners stitched out for our home this year! Since I have learned how to sew binding on with this method shown below, I always love the way my projects finish up.  If you don't already bind using this method, I hope this tutorial can be of some help to you. Happy Sewing!





Do you see the creases from the pressing? This is where you will be doing your stitching to connect the two pieces of binding.

Your going to pin the binding pieces together right sides facing right sides.  You will line up the pressed marks and that will be the place you stitch. You may use a ruler and pen/pencil to mark that pressed mark so it is more visible when you start to stitch it.

 Simply pull the project together that you are working on, whether it be a table runner or a large quilt, you will want to pull the binding and under the needle of your machine so you can stitch the line that is marked over the pressed spot on your binding.



 Almost done.  You will need to trim the "tail" off, leaving about a quarter inch of fabric behind. Press and then you will finish stitching the binding to the back of the project.




As you can see, I finished stitching the binding down to the back side of the project.

I also stitch the front side of my bindings on using a decorative machine stitch.

 Merry (belated) Christmas and a Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!