Sunday, September 12

*Voices of the Past update

This quilt may look difficult, but it really is not.  There is a lot of piecing, but I think the pattern is worth the work for the finished product.  I have one other patriotic quilt and it is one of my favorites, and it shows due the wear you can visibly see on it. 

So I kept trying to get a great shot of the quilt top from above but to no avail I failed. I finally put the chair away and simply took some shots at different angles so you could get a better view.  Oh, you noticed my shoes did you? That is a whole separate post in itself, which will come soon. We (all three of us) LOVE our Vibrams!

This pattern is one of Kaye England's Voices of the Past samplers.  I have really enjoyed working on the Besty Ross Sampler. I have a knack for not always following the lay out plan on any given pattern, and this one is no different. I actually decided to use the my scraps to make sashing on each block. I love the way it has turned out.  I do have some work left to do on this quilt, such as borders before I can set it in.  My goal however, was to finish all the piecing before I have to pack up my machine and other sewing items.  If I have the opportunity I may even get the borders on too!  

I actually learned this sashing layout from Wendie who not long ago set one of her quilts using her scraps from piecing. I remember admiring how the left over pieces played even a part and had a creative function in the quilt.  As you look you will see the zig zag pattern that each color creates as it works its way to the edge of the quilt.

2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt Lynnette!! Probably my favorite one I have seen in a long time. Not (yours of course...all yours are lovely!!)
    Trina

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!