Saturday, November 19

*saponification taking place

Lemongrass & Lavender blend
I am a soap maker, bet you didn't know that, did you? I haven't made soap in a year or more.  I love to create great recipes by pairing up different oils for a great bubbly lather and wonderful cleansing abilities.  I have had oils that I needed to mix with some caustic soda for some time now to replenish our personal supply as well as selling.  When I had my store open, All Natural Body Soaps, I was making soap every few months.  I have missed it!


Orange & Clove blend with pulverized orange peel
This one smelled like food when we first poured it in the mold to set.  The whole house smelled delicious! 


Franziska and I had a great time working on several things that needed to be done. She was just the motivator I needed to get the soap made, not to mention both she and I were out of soap!  A few weeks ago, I bought my first soap in about 5 years.  I hated having to purchase commercially made soap. It took me numerous  trips to the store (and washing with shampoo) before I put several bars into my shopping cart. 

I am not sure if I can wait the allotted time before use!  I make cold-process soap therefore we have to wait for it to go through a curing process before the lye has completely neutralized for safe use.  

~Lynnie


1 comment:

  1. Oh Lynnie,
    I can almost smell that Lemongrass & Lavender!
    Mmm!
    All your soaps look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!