Tuesday, February 23

*almost a quarter of a century

Eric and Lynne sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.. First comes love, then come marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage. You remember this childhood song don't you? It is the one we used to poke fun at our friends in lower elementary school, right?

Eric and I grew up in the same county, attended the same high school but lived our lives apart from really knowing each other up until our senior year. So I guess you could say we were high school sweet hearts. Eric and I had our first date at a Baptist Church in St. Marys, a youth event of some kind. We had a mutual friend, Kelly D. who sort of introduced us to each other and invited us to come to the youth event. Quite some time later on February 22, 1986 we were joined in marriage and as the saying goes.. the rest is history.

I imagine our marriage has been much like yours; full of joy, gladness, great memories and times of trials.  There were even some very difficult times created much by my own doing that caused me to want to throw in the towel.  God saw us through!  I don't say that lightly, I know there may be others reading this at some point who may have  had some difficult times that didn't make it through. I don't know why some make it through and why some don't.

The most rewarding times in our marriage have been these past 5 years or so.  It just keeps getting better and better.   Neither Eric nor I are perfect, but our love for each other is being perfected more day by day.   He is my beloved and I am his. 

In keeping with this theme (marriage) take a moment and go check out our home church's teachings on Marriage. You can find the series entitled "Lets Talk About Marriage" present by Michael and Laura Fletcher. We are still working on some of these concepts and teachings but working towards oneness more and more each day!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on being married so long! I agree about the marriage getting better as time goes by, not that it was bad before, but it's just gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes agreed.. not that it was bad before. We just married so young (19) and still had quite a bit of maturing to do. We are a well seasoned couple at this point..lol Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! God has truly blessed you both and you deserve all the happiness you can get! You are such a giving and awesome person. Love to you & Eric.

    Franziska

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great Lynnie! How sweet to have "grown up" together. We were pretty young too, 21 and 22. I agree that marriage isn't always easy.

    I LOVE the picture of you two!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!