Tuesday, August 3

*dill blossom not in my garden, but...

...in my fabric stash! Dill Blossom by Robert Kaufman was recently added to my collection! Wendie and I took a trip to Selma, NC to visit The Whistle Stop. The owner, Connie, was recently included in a major quilting magazine with her original quilt design Meet Me at the Manor (This was her Shop Hop Pattern from a couple of years ago).  She will be featured in a four part series beginning this fall in Quiltmaker Magazine.  She, like the little town her shop is located in, is down to earth, friendly, and welcoming.

While I was there I found some companion fabrics to go along with other fabrics that I have set aside for a special project (The Chicken Challenge.. which I will tell more on at a later date).



My favorite.. I just love the deep red with the yellows and white, then black lines.. mmmm pretty!




Here is a peek at the quilt I am working on at present. I mean, sure I have three or four hanging that I was at one time "working" on, but this one has a specific deadline.  I will be sharing the story behind this quilt soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this quilt top you are working on! The colors are beautiful together, Lynnie. You and my mother-in-law would have been best buddies in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have liked to know her I am sure!
    This quilt is such a sweet story, can hardly wait to share..

    Have a great weekend Dianna!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!