Tuesday, March 1

*the simple woman's daybook


FOR TODAY  March 1, 2011

Outside my window...
I see freshly raked yards, a jungle that is in the beginnings of being tamed. I see green grass that will soon need to be mowed on a regular basis- oh the smell of fresh grass clippings!
I am thinking...
of my day ahead.  Today I have to go to several different governmental offices in order to apply for homestead exemption on our property here in Florida. Before I can apply I have to have changed my NC license to Florida, register our vehicles to Florida - basically establish residency.  Today is the deadline for all of this. I am not looking forward to all the running around.
I am thankful for...a hard working mother who not only works alongside me but encourages me in all of my new homesteading duties.
From the kitchen...how's about cornbread muffins! Henry has request sweet cornbread muffins for breakfast a couple of times this past week. I found a great recipe at allrecipes.com, he is grateful.
I am wearing...a pair of skinny jeans, a red and white striped short sleeve, button up shirt, and a pair of vibram five fingers.
I am creating...a haven that is welcoming and relaxing for my husband and son, so that they might take refuge from the outside world inside their cozy home and among our property.
I am going...to seek some actions that I can take today to show true Christian love to those most unsuspecting; I have got to make the best of this day in and out of governmental offices.
I am reading...Redeeming Love (again) by Kay Arthur as well as several homesteading books!
I am hoping... to get license changed over to FL, to get our vehicles registered and the homestead exemption all completed today.
I am hearing...a choir of birds early this morning. Our property is covered in large oak trees which foster care for many a bird and squirrel.  Each morning as the sun has risen these past few weeks I have awakened to the chorus outside my bedroom window.
Around the house...I see so many things that are vying for my attention. So I have made a list of things that can be done by myself and Henry while Eric is away.
One of my favorite things..is the relationship that I share with my best girl friend in the wide world. Our relationship is a gift from God. On my list of favorite things (people) you would find FranZiska written on the top section of that list.
A few plans for the rest of the week: raking (didn't I say that last week?), helping my mother weatherize her RV, visiting my oldest son and his girlfriend this weekend, finish prepping the garden spots.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



If you are interested in doing your own daybook stop in at Peggy's to join me and many other ladies!



5 comments:

  1. A beautiful post, Lynnie. I haven't gotten mine up yet...but I so enjoyed reading yours. I especially enjoyed your "I am thankful for" entry today. She's a treasure!

    Will be praying for you today as you deal with the government offices so you can be officially registered everywhere you need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to hear about how you did indeed accomplish the tasks set before you today...
    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter loves her vibram five fingers. Sounds like you have a lot of work to do today! Hope it goes well and that you do get to show true Christian love to the “unsuspecting”.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those lines one has to stand in to take care of official business..I hope it all goes smoothly and that you accomplish it all today as you want...Thank you so much for stopping by my place and commenting.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. So.. I did not get the first thing done today that I had hoped to get done. But God did give me a great opportunity to share His love in a real tangible way! The license and such will get done over the next few weeks. We missed the deadline for homestead exemption.. but can apply at a later date for the next year. Thanks so much for all your prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!