Thursday, June 30

*patriotic banner

The celebration of our July 4th is just around the corner so I have pulled out the patriotic banner that I made for Memorial Day and dressed up our mantle with it again.   This was really very very simple to make and if I can do it, so can you!

All you need is some assorted fabrics that are color appropriate for any given holiday.  I used my 45 degree quilting ruler and a nice sharp rotary cutter to cut the triangles before I began the sewing.  Since I have a serger I used it, but you can use your regular sewing machine for this project. After I serged the edges of each triangle I simply chain sewed each one across the bottom/top until I ended up with this long banner.  Voila!
If you do not have these tools you can simply trace a triangle shape onto several layers of fabric and use some nice sharp scissors to cut them out.



Were all dressed up and ready for a freedom celebration!

1 comment:

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!