Tuesday, September 27

*national sewing month project# 8

I like any quilter, love to purchase new quilting cottons for my stash, but I also like to be thrifty and use my scraps for useful projects. This week I finished up a little table runner that I had started a month or so ago.   Last year around this time my BFF and I made a few table runners for the fall season using these same fabrics.

I used the remnants to make flying geese units for the little table runner.  The flying geese pattern is pretty simple to make and creates an interesting pattern. Check out this tutorial    or this one  on how to piece this block.  Many rulers are also sold specifically for the flying geese block. 



It now resides in my mother's RV that sits on our property.  I have a few other finishing touches to do to her RV for her welcoming fall stay!



~Lynnie

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty runner, Lynnie. I really like that design. Is it easy to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for the season. You are a woman of many talents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianna, yes, it really is an easy unit to make!

    Tammy, THANKS! I do feel like I sometimes am spread out to thin and have to reel myself back in a bit! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!