Thursday, September 29

*national sewing month project #9

One of my dearest friends sent me a cut of this delightful fabric you see here in these apron creations!  The fabric has watering cans, apples, pears, grapes, baby chicks, strawberries, flowers, roosters, and lady bugs. It is simply adorable. I have wanted to make an apron from it since I got it in the mail a weeks ago.  

My dear mother-in-love gave me an embroidery machine and this week I played!  I played hard!  I had fun and I think we might have a problem. I may need some intervention!  After sharing with my BFF the fun I was having experimenting with this fantastic machine (Singer Quantum XL1000) I decided to go off and make some matching aprons as she suggested! We are best of friends which makes us sisters and we both have chickens.  Hence the wording on our aprons: The Coop Keeper.  Once again, I simply used an apron I already had as a guide to create my own pattern, I am pleased with the way these turned out. They are made from quality quilters cotton and should last a long time whether used in the kitchen or in the yard while handling chicken feeding duties.

 I have had these chickens cut out for another project but decided to use them here instead!

 Me and my crazy hair and the two aprons that I was able to piece together for Franziska and myself to use during our animal feeding, barn working chores.


Henry had arrived in from school just in time! I was able to get him to stand in with me for a picture of both aprons. Thanks Robyn (for the fabric cut) and thanks Mom (for the machines)!
~Lynnie

2 comments:

  1. How I can I NOT LOVE this post, since one of these beautifully crafted aprons is just for me. Keep it in the house, so I can get some Lynette smells on it. I adore it & you.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!