Monday, December 26

*Christmas past, but Christ forevermore!

This year we had my older sister, Lori and her family here for Christmas. We had a wonderful, smooth, laid back celebration. Lori and I cooked, cooked and cooked just for the 6 of us. It was a blast!   We even had to run out last minute on Christmas Eve to pick up a few items... we "ran" to our local Walmart, who totally let us down! They closed at 6pm, we were a few hours too late. I was happy for all the Walmart employee's being anywhere but Walmart! However, Walgreens saved the day the apple pie and coconut cake!  I did thank the Walgreens clerk for being there and wished her a Merry Christmas. 

Christmas morning kisses were given...

We watched as each other opened their gifts..

Images were captured...

Preparations were made, food was cooked...

A moment to sit and relax ....

Turkey and Duck were carved and served up with all the side dishes we could hope for..

I took this because I love him, well I love him whether I take a picture or not...

This is the after feast glaze that you see on our faces. Our hubby's jumped in and did a bunch of the clean up after we ate, we were just enjoying sitting and watching...

Aren't they cute? It looks like they are carrying out a performance with detailed choreography, it was truly beautiful... (he was cutting a piece of plastic wrap)


After Lori and I cleaned up the counters we put out an important informative message for all to see...

Then we took a stroll around the property, bringing juicy Christmas carrots to the horses...

Christmas 2011, the holiday celebrated, is now in our past. Christmas, the gift of Christ, came to make a way to be in our presence now and forevermore!   May your next 365 days be filled with the joy, love and the giving attitude we practice in the month of December each year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!