Wednesday, December 7

*give real Cheer this year (all of 2012)

This season is really about the birth of our Lord and Savior right? I mean even the idea of giving gifts was born out of the Magi bringing gifts to the King.  And so in this we give gifts to those we love and find near and dear to our hearts. I think somewhere along the way, the Who of the season has been lost and the What has taken over. I don't like that we, as Americans get caught up in the craziness of bigger and better Christmas's to top the one the year before, or that we are so crazy in our shopping that we knock others down for a Tickle Me Elmo (or whatever the craze is for any given year). What I do like about this special season is many Christ filled people pull out all the stops during this time, more than any other time of the year.  I think this should be our modus operandi, 24/7, 365 days of the year all for Love's sake.  We find ourselves thinking more about how much He gave to us, how great it is that we can call Him Savior, that we are brimming over to share it with others. 

Let us set out for 2012 to be a year of giving away the Greatest Gift of All as often as we can.  This is not something we can work up in our mind and carry out in our body, we will need our ears to be open, our eyes to be wide and our hands and mouth ready to do as God leads us. I hear ya, you already know all of this and do it throughout the year. Yes, but how many times do we get caught up in our own lives that we miss so many opportunities that are presented to our blinded eye, shut ears, or full hands? For me, I can say sadly, many surely. 

I have said it before, perhaps you have read it here, but I will say it again - some things are better caught (by our actions) than taught (by our words).  I think the world has seen enough of our sharp Christian criticism, or judgmental turn offish attitudes - Jesus loves the adulteress woman, the murderer, the thief, the liar. He won them over by a different means than the message we often send unsaved sinners today. Right? 

Get out there, get in the mix - spread some REAL cheer, ever lasting cheer, not something that is gonna fade away when the gift wrap is in the trash can or when the gift is no longer useful or is broken.  

(I am sitting in the doctors office, this post did not start out as it has turned out. I was going to write about some of our favorite Christ centered stories that we have read to our boys over the years.  I suppose that post will come at a later time. This is what was on my heart.)

Merry Christmas!
~Lynnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!