Saturday, December 31

*work in progress done! WIP'D!

This past year was the beginning of our new normal which we are all still getting used to, I know you have read that here before, but it is the truth!  We had a quiet simple life in North Carolina it did not include 19 chickens, 3 Nubian goats, 20 rabbits (currently) and 6 acres of land.   I had friends that I ate lunch with on a regular occasion, I drove to the foothills frequently to visit my best friend, and on a weekly basis I went to a quilting class that I loved being a part of.

My new normal does not include eating lunch with friends on a regular basis, nor does it include hopping in my  packed car and happily driving to the foothills to visit Franziska because I have a heap of animals that need constant care. Nor do I have a sweet quilting group to call my own - yet.   I love what God has blessed us with here and while it might sound like I am complaining... I am not.


In an effort to start and finish more than 3 quilts in 2012 I could use some encouragement, or a push along the way, perhaps some inspiration!  So join me in this WIP'D challenge if you will.  Each Friday I will be hosting a linky for you to come and share your WIP at any stage, no need to write a separate post to include in that weeks link up, just include a recent post sharing a quilting project you have made progress on in 2012.  I will start the WIP'D link up on the last Friday in January. Please tell your friends, grab my button and post it on your side bar, write a post about this on your blog if you will, and come back on the 27th of January to link up! 



Please take the html from the button in my side bar to add to your blog.  It would be great if you would like to blog about this in you are in a circle of quilters who might be interested. The more the merrier!  May all of your ups and downs be with a needle!  Keep a watch out, the first link up will be on the last Friday in January, see you then!



6 comments:

  1. Your quilts are beautiful. I am envious of your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joining in on WIP'D, Grapped the button and it is on my side bar; this will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that is funny Tammy because I am envious of your talents too! hehe

    Tina, great, glad to have you join and publicize it on your blog too! It will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the quilts in your post. I found your blog via the Homestead Barn Hop link-up. In fact, I think I've seen you comment on some other blogs, too...but I can't remember which ones. In any case, one of my goals is to do more sewing this year...to make things to make my home more welcoming :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynnie,
    I love this blog hop. Please share it on my blog. I host a few hops each week and one monthly sewing hop. Please share this hop so all my blog friends can join in on your hop too. I am going to. It will help keep me motivated too. Here's my blog address: http://whitewolfsummitfarmgirl.blogspot.com/ You will see buttons to link up and share on the side of my page. Thanks. I can hardly wait to get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful quilts! And I love the idea of your link up! Talk about inspiring and encouraging. I don't blog much about my quilting, but I just might have to with this new link up.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!