Monday, December 12

*seasonal pillow covers

The seasonal pillows on our back porch area have once again taken on a new look! I love that I can make pillow covers to dress up the back porch area.  Each cover has been taken off, stored away with the seasonal flags, so when the time comes around again, I can pull out the one's I  need.

The covers for the winter season are made from a solid taffeta fabric that was in my scrap bin.  I chose a few embroidery designs first and got the machine busy.  Then I stepped over to the cutting table and cut the rest of the fabric out to construct the backs of the pillow covers.  Today I was finding myself giving thanks again for the the embroidery machine (Singer XL1000), the serger (Babylock) and my sewing machine (Janome 6600), each a workhorse in their own way!




I will have several of the blue taffeta Baby It's COLD Outside pillow covers  in my Etsy shop by close of the day today!  These covers will easily slip over a standard 12 X 12 pillow form.  Neither of the covers in this post are 12 X12, one slightly larger and one slightly smaller.



Stay warm!
~Lynnie

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful covers! I've been wanting to change up my living room pillows but don't have the cash to buy new pillows. These are just the thing I need! Thanks for the inspiration! Found your blog through WLW!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!