Saturday, November 28

*a heart of thanksgiving

If I had to pick a favorite "holiday", I would choose Thanksgiving again and again.  What a great time, what a great day set aside for God, family, and cherished friends and all that you are thankful for. There are no list of cards to get out and no gift list to check as you seek out something for each person on that beloved list.  It is not over commercialized. Nope.  Thanksgiving is not that at all. It is a time for family to come together. I think that is why it is my favorite celebrated day.  Family is a very important unit to us, as it is for you too I am sure.   What could be better than sitting around the table with your family and dearest friends? What could be better than hearing the men sit in the living room after dinner commenting on football plays?  What could be better than hearing conversations leading to reminisce  of days gone by?  What is better? 

This life pulls us to places we sometimes do not want to go. I am grateful that I find happiness, security, joy and fullness in the bounty of family.  Thanksgiving is a time to, well be thankful. May it be so that we have thanksgiving in our hearts every passing day.  I am hopeful that the harried business that lies in each day will not come along and blind fold you or me from the things that enter our lives through His hand each passing day. 

Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].   1 Thessalonians 5:18 (Amplified Bible) 


1 comment:

  1. I like this posting Lyn-Love! Thanksgiving is close to my favorite holiday....although not my favorite! :P I am more of a Christmas girl myself...the chill in the air...the gifts that were picked out with so much care and thought for that special someone. Driving back and forth to various different family members houses. The lights, smells, warmth, the tree decorated with such beauty...and the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ! ...good memories remembered about Thanksgiving and Christmas....yesiree!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!